Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Awesomely Bad Songs

AHAHAHA...oh MAN. I just turned on the TV and VH1 and Blender Magazine are doing their "50 Most Awesomely Bad Songs Ever." Sooo entertaining. I don't agree with all of them, but it's cool to hear all these songs I haven't heard in a while. Man, I love most of these songs, even though the're "awesomely bad".

They're on #31 right now...so here's what I got to see:

31) R. Kelly - You Remind Me ("of my jeep"...whhaaa? I totally remember this song)
30) Nelly - Pimp Juice
29) Meatloaf - I Would Do Anything For Love, But I Won't Do That
28) Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
(aww, I love this song!!)
27) Wreckx-N-Effect - Rump Shaker
26) Bryan Adams - The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You
25) Michael Jackson - You Rock My World
24) Phil Collins - Sussudio
(aww, c'mon you can't mess with Phil Collins)
23) Sisqo - Thong Song
22) Lionel Richie - Dancing On the Ceiling
21) The Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You
20) Toby Keith - Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue
("we'll put a boot in your ass, that's the American way..." wow.)
19) Chicago - You're the Inspiration (heeey..I like this song!)
18) MC Hammer - Pumps in a Bump
17) Right Said Fred - I'm Too Sexy
16) Europe - The Final Countdown
15) Crash Test Dummies - Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
14) Will Smith - Will 2K
13) Aqua - Barbie Girl
12) New Kids on the Block - Hangin' Tough
11) Gerardo - Rico Suave
(YEAH!! Riiiccoooo....Suaaaaavvee)
10) Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart of Rock and Roll
9) Bobby Mc Ferrin - Don't Worry Be Happy
8) Ricky Martin - She Bangs
7) Eddie Murphy - Party All the Time
6) Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany's
(HEEEY! I used to LOVE this song! If it has to be on this countdown, I don't think it should be this low...)
5) Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
4) Limp Bizkit - Rollin'
(Scott will be ecstatic..he HATES Fred Durst)
3) Wang Chung - Everybody Have Fun Tonight
2) Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart
1) Starship - We Built This City
(AHHAHAHA I LOVE THIS SONG!)

AHAHA I LOVE IT! Whew, that made my day, hearing all those bad songs. It's on again tonight at 10 PM if you want to watch it...I might have to tune in and see what #50 - #32 were...or maybe just to watch the whole thing again, it was quite entertaining. Damn TV and its addictive qualities. =)

6 Comments:

At May 12, 2004 at 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott-
While most of the list is decent, I do not agree with several parts. Namely, Bolton is not in the top 10, Nelly's "Hot in Here" is not #1, Crazy Town is somewhere above 30 (saw that before I went to class), chumbawumba (spelling?) and smash mouth are not in the top 30 (hopefully they are in the top 50, and finally they missed out on a bunch of pop-punk bands (Good Charlotte, etc). However, I am ecstatic that crazy town and limp bizkit are finally recognized for the crap they are.

I would like to add one final song that should be on the list. I don't know the artist or name of the song, just one line of the lyrics. I know it becaue of a tv/radio commercial they play in LA for a country radio station: 93.9 KZLA. The pitch goes "music you can relate to" and it is followed by the following line from some male country "artist," "I got barbecue sauce on my white t-shirt." I did google it, but my search was in vain. Not a single website was devoted to carrying the lyrics of this (begin sarcasm) great song (end sarcasm).

p.s.
My grammar sucks and blogger doesn't have line breaks. =(

 
At May 12, 2004 at 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ma Coley plays the mamba, listen to the radio, don't you remember... We built this city, we built this city on rock an' roll...

The 80's is the dead decade of music... doesn't mean it's not fun to listen to that shit. Life sure is grand.

- The world's favorite chink

 
At May 12, 2004 at 9:08 PM, Blogger Emerald said...

to the writer of the first comment, that "great" song is something like that by garth brooks. and it is great!

or maybe i just have horrible taste in music because i liked a lot of songs on the list. =\

 
At May 13, 2004 at 7:17 PM, Blogger Johanna said...

no fingers, you don't have "horrible taste" because you like a lot of the songs on the list, because I do too...either that or we BOTH have really bad taste =)

 
At June 21, 2004 at 8:45 PM, Blogger * Katie * said...

I know this is a month late, but it's actually Tim McGraw's "Something Like That".

Anyway...

 
At December 14, 2016 at 7:08 AM, Blogger taiseer said...


do you want to study in abroad today or in the next intake. we are the best and top rated study abroad consultancies in india with good visa assurance.we help you in filing the f1 visa for you in very less time. we are also usa education consultants for usa in hyderabad help you with information needed to apply for the college university.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home